After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
Describe and create Azure Web Apps.
Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure.
Create an Azure virtual network.
Describe Azure storage.
Describe and deploy databases in Azure.
Describe Azure AD.
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and VMs using Azure, including:
Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory services and roles to the cloud.
IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
This course is delivered through a mix of instructor-led training (ILT – online/offline) and hands-on labs.
Course price: INR 20,000 + 15% ST
Module 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
This module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and to manage Azure subscription and billing.
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
Lab: Using the Azure portals
- Customizing the Azure portal interface
- Viewing billing, usage, and quotas data
Module 2: Microsoft Azure management tools
This module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions. It also describes the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK) and the Azure cross-platform command-line interface, and explains their benefits and uses.
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
Lab: Using Microsoft Azure management tools
- Using the Azure PowerShell modules
- Use the Azure CLI
Module 3: Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
This module explains how to use Azure to deploy virtual machines. It also explains the highly available and scalable configuration of Azure virtual machines, and the management of virtual machine disks by using Azure.]
- Creating and configuring VMs
- Configure disks
Lab: Creating a VM in Azure
- Create a VM from the Azure Portal by using an Azure Marketplace image
- Verify the functionality of the VM
- Configure storage of a VM
Module 4: Web Apps and cloud services
This module explains how to create, configure, and monitor Web apps by using Azure. It also describes the creation and deployment of Cloud Services on Azure.
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Deploying and monitoring web apps
- Creating and deploying PaaS cloud services
Lab: Web Apps and cloud services
- Creating and configuring a WordPress web app
- Create a cloud service
Module 5: Creating and configuring virtual networks
This module explains Azure virtual networks and how to create them. It also covers variety of virtual network components, focusing in particular on Azure load balancers.
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Creating a virtual network
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancers
Lab: Create a virtual network
- Creating a virtual network
- Verifying virtual network functionality
Module 6: Cloud storage
This module explains the use of cloud storage and its benefits. It also explains how to create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Understanding cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
Lab: Configure Azure Storage
- Create an Azure Storage account
- Create and manage blobs
Module 7: Microsoft Azure databases
This module explains the options available for storing relational data in Azure. It also explains how to use Microsoft Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases in Azure.
- Understanding options for relational database deployment
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
Lab: Creating a SQL Database in Azure
- Create a new Azure SQL database in Azure and configure SQL Server firewall rules
- Manage content of an Azure SQL database by using SQL Server Management Studio
Module 8: Creating and managing Azure AD
This module explains how to use Azure AD and Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to enhance security. It explains how to create users, domains, and tenants in Azure AD, and how to use Multi-Factor Authentication and single sign-on (SSO).
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication
Lab: Create users in Azure Active Directory tenants